Saturday, June 28, 2014

Reads of 2014...So Far...

I've read a lot of good books so far this year, and I'd like to share them with you.

(1) Dr. Sleep, Stephen King


(2) The Plot Against Hip Hop, Nelson George*

(3) The Basic Eight, Daniel Handler*

(4) The Silver Linings Playbook, Matthew Quick

(5) Twittering from the Circus of the Dead, Joe Hill

It probably needs to be said that this title is actually a short story. It also needs to be said that it's written entirely as a series of tweets. It MOST DEFINITELY needs to be said that the author, Joe Hill, does twitter better than probably everyone else on twitter. You should follow him. Even if you don't read horror. Even if you don't read. Even if you don't have eyes or opposable thumbs. 

(6) Hyperbole and a Half, Allie Brosh* 

(7) Truth in Advertising, John Kenney*

(8) Looking for Alaska, John Green* 

(9) The Cutie, Donald Westlake*

Yes, I chose this last book purely based on its cover. And it was a damned good book.

(10) 12 Years a Slave, Solomon Northup* 

(11) Somebody Owes Me Money, Donald Westlake

(12) An Abundance of Katherines, John Green

(13) Beyond Hades, Luke Romyn

(14) The Charm School, Nelson Demille*

(15) Paper Towns, John Green*

(16) The Bank Shot, Donald Westlake 


Currently I'm reading Word of Honor by Nelson Demille:



What does this list say about me? I read a lot of books by men. This year I've sort of been having literary love affairs with Donald Westlake and John Green. I like books in which murders take place. I love political intrigue. 

All books denoted with * are contenders for my end-of-the-year top ten list
 But this is subject to change! 

I love books!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment